Professional Development Opportunities
The Florida Affiliate of the Association for Early Learning Leaders ("FL Affiliate") is committed to on-going professional development for its membership and, by extension, the early childhood community of Florida. In support of this goal, the FL Affiliate will:
- Develop and present trainings, workshops, and seminars supporting research-based best practices in early childhood education and care
- Provide information and resources to support acquisition and maintenance of professional credentials and certificates
- Provide information and resources to enable practitioners to continue their education and obtain college degrees
- Provide Continuing Education Units (CEU) for professional development activities meeting CEU requirements (see below)
Continuing Education Units (CEU)
The Florida Association for Early Learning Leaders, as an affiliate of a national professional organization, is authorized to issue CEU certificates recognized by the Florida Department of Children and Families for initial application and acquisition and renewal of professional certificates administered by that agency. To ensure the integrity of the process, the following procedures have been established.
- FL Affiliate CEU certificates will only be awarded for training or professional development activities for which a CEU application has been completed and approved by the Professional Development Committee.
- The application is available from the Tampa Bay Institute for Early Childhood Professionals (IECP) and includes a description of training goals and activities, and submission of a CV for the major presenter as well as other related documentation to establish training quality.
- CEU certificates are available to affiliate members at no charge and may be offered to other groups for a nominal charge. CEU certificates will be archived at the IECP and available for seven years.
- Replacement certificates can be provided to the practitioner for whom it was originally provided upon payment of a service charge of $10.